The 2018 winners (above) Lydia Davis, Terry Lyons and Geoff Cooke and (below) the runners-up Betty Edens, Cliff Smith and Nina Rhodes with representatives from our sponsors Ibex Insurance
This competition will be held on Sunday 10th June 2018 and will be preceded by a spider competition at around 12:30pm.
The tournament itself will commence at 1:00pm and will take the form of a drawn triples with a twist.
Play will follow the normal triples format with the following exceptions:-
- The competition will played over 15 ends
- The lead, second and skip will rotate positions after each 5 ends. Lead will become second, second will become skip and skip will become lead. Thus during the course of the game each player will experience all three positions
- Toss of a coin will decide the mat on the first end. On subsequent ends the mat will go to the nearest to the jack
- No practice ends are allowed, but only 1 point can be scored on the first 2 ends.
- If the jack leaves the rink (other than in the ditch) it will be re-spotted on the centre line as close to the T as possible
- The score card of each team will be updated with points for and against at each end
- The winning team will be the team with the highest number of points after 15 ends
- In the event of a tie - point difference will decide the winner
Please register for this event by 12:30pm on the day. The draw will be made at 12:45 and cards will be prepared for each team.
The competition will commence at 1:00pm
There should be time for a short refreshment break during the event.
Please Note: The wearing of whites is not required for this competition. Please dress comfortably.
The competition will be followed by a barbeque. This will be served at approximately 4:00pm
Don't forget the Avalon Trophy competition and Hog Roast which will be on Sunday 26th May from mid-day