The 2019 winners (above) Dave Upton, Lesley Kilshaw and Colin Pollexfen with representatives from our sponsors Ibex Insurance
The 2018 winners (above) Lydia Davis, Terry Lyons and Geoff Cooke and (below) the runners-up Betty Edens, Cliff Smith and Nina Rhodes with representatives from our sponsors Ibex Insurance
This competition will be held on Sunday 1st September 2019 and will be preceded by a spider competition at around 12:30pm.
The tournament itself will commence at 1:00pm and will take the form of a drawn triples with a twist.
Play will follow the normal triples format with the following exceptions:-
- The competition will played over 15 ends
- The lead, second and skip will rotate positions after each 5 ends. Lead will become second, second will become skip and skip will become lead. Thus during the course of the game each player will experience all three positions
- Toss of a coin will decide the mat on the first end. On subsequent ends the mat will go to the nearest to the jack
- No practice ends are allowed, but only 1 point can be scored on the first 2 ends.
- If the jack leaves the rink (other than in the ditch) it will be re-spotted on the centre line as close to the T as possible
- The score card of each team will be updated with points for and against at each end
- The winning team will be the team with the highest number of points after 15 ends
- In the event of a tie - point difference will decide the winner
Please register for this event by 12:30pm on the day. The draw will be made at 12:45 and cards will be prepared for each team.
The competition will commence at 1:00pm
There should be time for a short refreshment break during the event.
Please Note: The wearing of whites is not required for this competition. Please dress comfortably.
The competition will be followed by a BBQ. This will be served at approximately 4:00pm