Zurgena Open Triples Competition
World Bowls Rules will apply where not covered below:
- Each team will play 6 games over 2 days in 2 groups.
- Each game will consist of 7 ends or 1 hours play (approx see rule 5 below) whichever is the shorter.
- Start times on day 1 for group A will be 10:00, 12:20 and 14:40 and for group B will be 11:10, 13:30 and 15:50. Start times will be reversed on day 2.
- A bell will be rung at precisely the start time to commence play. The jack may be cast and centred before the bell is rung.
- The bell will be rung again after 55 minutes of play. One further complete end may be played after the bell. Any end in progress (i.e. first bowl has been delivered) when the bell is rung can be completed before the final end is started.
- Two points will be awarded for each game won and one point for a draw. One point will also be awarded for each end won.
- No trial ends, but a spare rink (not being used in the competition) will be available for visiting players only for a short period before play on each day. Two ends only with a maximum of three woods per person allowed.
- The overall winners will be the team with the most points. In the event of a tie on points, shot difference will be taken into account. If still a tie then count back on ends won will come into force.
- Toss up for the mat at the beginning of each game.
- If the jack leaves the rink of play it will be replaced as close to the tee as possible in a straight line between the tee and the ditch.
- Score cards must be signed and timed by both skips and returned immediately to the competition organiser.
- Late arrivals. All games will start at the appointed times. Any team not available at the start time will forfeit 1 end, 2 points and 2 shots to the opposing team immediately. If the team is still not available 10 minutes after the start time then 5 ends, 10 points and 10 shots will be awarded to their opponents and that round will be considered played.
The 2018 winners with 39 points were Alan Terry, Jim Sunderland and Keith Jackson from Indalo Bowling Club here seen with the Mayor of Zurgena who presented the prizes.
Further report and pictures to follow
2017 Winners Jean Smallwood, Ian Jackson and Janet Jackson from Cabrera LBC are presented with the trophy by Jim Simpson - Ayuntamiento de Zurgena
2017 Runners-up John Phoenix, Eileen Phoenix and Chris Ewer from Almería LBC are presented with their prizes by Jim Simpson - Ayuntamiento de Zurgena