Zurgena Open Triples
The 2021 event will take place on Saturday 2nd October and Sunday 3rd October
Order and Times of Play
World Bowls Rules will apply where not covered below:
- Each team will play 6 games over 2 days in 2 groups.
- Each game will consist of 7 ends or 1 hours play (approx see rule 5 below) whichever is the shorter.
- Start times on day 1 for group A will be 10:00, 12:20 and 14:40 and for group B will be 11:10, 13:30 and 15:50. Start times will be reversed on day 2. If time is saved on changeovers subsequent games may start a little earlier than published.
- A bell will be rung at the start time to commence play. The jack may be cast and centred before the bell is rung.
- The bell will be rung again after 1 hour of play. Any end in progress (i.e. jack set) when the bell is rung can be completed.
- Two points will be awarded for each game won and one point for a draw. One point will also be awarded for each end won.
- No trial ends, but a spare rink (not being used in the competition) may be available for visiting players only for a short period before play on each day. Two ends only with a maximum of three woods per person allowed.
- The overall winners will be the team with the most points. In the event of a tie on points, shot difference will be taken into account. If still a tie then count back on ends won will come into force.
- Toss up for the mat at the beginning of each game.
- If the jack leaves the rink of play it will be replaced as close to the tee as possible in a straight line between the tee and the ditch.
- Visiting the head is at the discretion of the opposing Skip.
- Score cards must be signed and timed by both skips and returned immediately to the competition organiser.
- Late arrivals. All games will start at the appointed times. Any team not available at the start time will forfeit 1 end, 2 points and 2 shots to the opposing team immediately. If the team is still not available 10 minutes after the start time then 5 ends, 10 points and 10 shots will be awarded to their opponents and that round will be considered played.